My photo
A wife, mom and papercrafter!

Friday, October 29, 2010


Oops, I've been awful about updating again. At least it wasn't quite as long.

Today's card is an engagement card for one of the sales reps I work with. He met this lady in June and they are engaged and getting married... awfully fast, but he is as giddy as a school boy. I wish them all the best!

Honestly, I had something more formal and weddingish in my head when I went into the stamp area. Just goes to show that you never know what you are going to end up with as part of the creative process. I dug out one of my old SU sets. The image is colored with copics, go figure. I colored over the sand with a Sakura stardust pen and then added a little smooch spritz to simulate the sun on the sand. I am awful with sun rise and sun set, etc... so I took the easy way out and just sponged the background in blue, pink and yellow. I decided to add a little distress ink to the edges. Since I am not proficient, I went with my lightest color, Antique Linen. As I was sponging, I used a scrap piece of orange cardstock that was lying around. I really liked the way it looked with the image, so I went with it! SHOCKING!! I really didn't intend to use those colors, but if it works, it works! I really ended up liking this color combo. I wanted to add more embellishments, but I figure since this is going to the male of the couple, I would leave it as it was.

Stamps: Summer by the Sea (SU)
Cardstock: Soft Sky, Pumpkin Pie (SU);Ivory (GinaK); Cafe Meditteranean (DCWV)
Ink: Memento Black, Rich Cocoa and Summer Sky; Pretty in Pink and Barely Banana; Antique Linen distress
Accessories: Copics

Thanks for stopping by!

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Acetate -- Who knew?

Ok- a little later than planned, but a project nonetheless. I saw this project on flower-soft tv. I love listening to the accents :-) It looked really cute, so I decided to try for myself. I made this card a 5*7 though I will show you tomorrow how it will work as a regular A2 size as well. I will ask that you ignore my very bad effort at adding a little color on the inside.... oiy!

I used Nesties to cut out the circles. The acetate piece is actually one size larger than the opening in the base. Then I used those same nesties, nested, to create the white border. I adhered with flower soft glue, but any glue that will dry transparent would work. The center image is one from Just Rite stamps. It is adhered with mini glue dots and colored with copic markers.

Just Rite stamps are just perfect for this card because they are the perfect size and the sentiments fit so nicely! The sentiment is also adhered with glue dots and since it's the same size it covers all the adhesive! The paper is Basic Grey. Thanks for stopping by!

Monday, October 18, 2010

Longer than I thought

Wow, it's been longer than I thought. I actually do have some new cards to post, but it will have to be later tonight or tomorrow. I *think* and *hope* that the sickies have run their course through the house now and things can get back to normal. I'll be back later or tomorrow morning with a project!