My photo
A wife, mom and papercrafter!

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

More Anniversary....


I'm back with 3 more cards for the Paper and Such Anniversary Challenges. This first card is for the Black and White +1 challenge. I went with the Song in My Heart set from Paper and Such. I just love these birds. I really kept this very CAS. I thought about adding embellishments but felt it would detract from the beauty of the image and sentiment itself. A true friend knows who you are under all your embellishments! ;-) The paper in Gina K and I added some shading with Copics.


This card is for the sentiment only challenge. These tend to be difficult for me for some reason. This one came together pretty easily with the help of the Paper and Such Just Sayin' set. I created this card as a mommy card. Sometimes being a mom can be challenging..but upon reflection, it's way beyond worth every challenge/problem that could present itself. I went with pink..because it was my daughter with the challenge at that particular moment.. LOL!


Last but not least is the monochromatic card. I was pleasantly surprised with how this one came out. Masculine cards can be difficult to find especially for friendship cards. Admittedly, there are some flowers on the DP, but I don't think it makes the card overwhelmingly feminine. I pulled the Song in My Heart set again. I "colored" the heads of the birds with bleach. I wanted there to be a slight color differentiation.

Thanks for stopping by, and there is still time to get in on the Anniversary challenges at Paper and Such...


4 comments:

Julie said...

Absolutely fantastic work Alison! I love that you used Paper and Such stamps! Thanks so much for playing along with our challenges this week - GOOD LUCK!!!

CraftyMomOf3 said...

Fabulous Alison!! Congrats and thanks SO much for playing along with us at Paper and Such!

Crafty Hugs!
Meredith

Stephanie said...

I absolutely love your sentiment card! I love that set, too! Thanks for playing along in the 1st Year Paper and Such Anniversary challenges!

Unknown said...

Thanks for stopping by No Twiddle Twaddle! Your cards are beautiful. : )