My photo
A wife, mom and papercrafter!

Monday, January 12, 2009

Been a while, AGAIN!

Hi,
It's been awhile again. I keep saying that I'll stay on top of this one of these days and I keep meaning too.. Oiy as Stuffy would say. I was fortunate enough to have some time to participate in WRAK New Year's challenges. All the cards collected are being sent to the troops overseas. I was also lucky enough to be one of the challenge hostesses. That was a lot of fun for me. I chose my challenge to be a sketch challenge, with the additional difficulty of not using any flowers. This was to be a birthday card made for a wife. Below is my sample card. I chose a sketch that was created by Katharina Frei, the most awesome owner of Whiff of Joy stamps. She was kind enough to allow its use.

I love this sketch and foresee myself using it quite a bit! The square card shape is really growing on me.

I had so much fun with this card and this challenge.

Recipe
Stamps: Winobella, Warmest Regards
Paper: PT White, PT Sweet Blush, Basic Grey DP
Ink: Adirondack Black
Accessories: Nesties, Copics, White Embossing Powder, D'vine Swirl CB EF, pearls, Scallop Edge Punch, 1/16 punch, Gold Cord, Wide Oval Punch, Clear Stardust gel pen, dimensionals
Techniques: Paper Piecing


Thanks for visiting and PLEASE make note of the banner on the right. There is a special kit of Elisabeth Bell images that is available from Whiff of Joy for a short time! Elisabeth is a phenomenal artist and I am sure that whatever stamps are in the kit will be TREMENDOUS!!!


4 comments:

JulieA said...

What a beautiful card!

Susan (peebsmama) said...

This is a great card. I like the paper pieced dress and how you popped it up. I also like your choice of embossing folder.

Lee said...

I totally {{heart}} this!!! Just gorgeous!!!

Carrie said...

Gorgeous! I love it!