Well, it seems I hit another creative dry spell... HA! But the summer has been fun. We even managed to get a quick weekend get away in.
One of my co-workers is about to be a dad for the first time. We finally got him to agree to a baby shower. So, off to Pinterest I go. I found some A-DORABLE diaper cakes, wreaths, etc. I also found a great Dad's survival kit.
So if you go to Pinterest and type in Diaper Wreath.. you will get a wealth of ideas. I kind of took a little from a lot of pictures and made mine.
I bought a styrofoam wreath "frame" from Hobby Lobby. I used two different size diapers 2 and 3's. The 2's covered the base and the 3's filled in the gaps :-) Since we don't know the sex, I had to go neutral. I added just a couple of little things to the wreath for some added interest (Baby Magic Bath, Baby Magic Lotion, Baby Shampoo, Johnson and Johnson Bubble Bath, a teether and some pacifiers.) The baby's last name will begin with a G so I bought a Chipboard letter G (also at Hobby Lobby). I used sticky strip to cover the letter with wood grain designer paper on both sides. I used felt ribbon to cover the edges. This was so super easy and fun to make.
I also thought that a first time Dad should have a little survival kit, as if all the women haven't been giving him advice for the last 6 months... Again.. a ton of ideas on Pinterest, but this is the one that I really used as inspiration and a little copying... Go tip junkie!! Now she made super cute little tags for each of her gifts.. I just wrote the reasons for the choices in a card..I ran out of time :-(
For this kit, I picked up the little basket at the Target dollar spot. I figure it can be used in the future for something. What I included was:
1. Coffee mug and Via instant coffee, for when Dad needs a pick me up and fast
2. Granola Bars for the breakfasts he will miss
3. Burp cloths for the messy stuff that comes out of baby after eating
4. PB crackers for a midnight snack
5. Hershey's hugs and kisses to remember that both Mom AND Baby will need lots!!
6. Rubber Duck for Daddy/Baby bath time
7. Lifesavers to remind Dad that he can and should be Mom's lifesaver (at least sometimes)
8. Book for when Daddy puts baby to bed (Hello Bugs!; cute board book in black, white and gold) and...
9. Adult beverages in shot size - no explanation needed :-) (4 different kinds as I wasn't really sure what his preference was)
The card I included is a little ducky. The image is from Gina K Designs and colored with copics. I used some Spellbinders to cut out some ducks out of felt and colored it. I used faux stiching on the designer paper to simulate a quilt.
Thanks for stopping by today. Hopefully I'll get some creative mojo going now :-)