My photo
A wife, mom and papercrafter!

Friday, August 24, 2012

Christmas is around the corner and...

Thanks to SCS, I actually have some of my Christmas cards made.  Not as many as I should, since I am way behind... but some :-)  I'm supposed to be making 8 cards a month, but I have missed a few.  Here are the 3 newest designs I made.  I was inspired by, wait for it.... pinterest!  One of the cards on pinterest was a valentine's day card that I made into a Christmas Card.  Then I used the positive of the cut out to make another card.. rather ingenious I think... ;-)



This card is the one inspired by pinterest.  Obviously, I took the idea of the negative and positive cut out.  I used the 2010 Holiday Tree Nestabilitie and the Ornament Cuttlebug embossing folder.  I used Gina K Cardstock in White and Fresh Asparagus.  I used a Gina K sentiment on the small tree as well.



I took the piece of the nestability tree that I cut out for the card above and used it as the focal point for another set of cards.  There are 4 of each of these designs.  I used the corner stamp from Gina K Very Merry Christmas set (illustrated by Teresa Momber) and stamped the two top corners of the white panel using Memento Bamboo Leaves.  I used the snowflakes cuttelbug embossing folder on the tree.  The designer paper is Eskimo Kisses by Basic Grey.  The sentiment is from the same stamp set.  The cardstock is Gina K  (Tan Leather, Fresh Asparagus, White, and Dark Chocolate.


The last one for today is one I made a couple of months ago.  This also uses Gina K Cardstock (White, Fresh Asparagus, Cranberry, Gold and Kraft).  The image is a Christmas collage stamped with Memento Rhubarb Stalk on Kraft for an old timey look. 

I have the makings of a couple more on my table.. hopefully I'll get to those and back to here before Christmas.  :-)

Thanks for stopping by!


No comments: