My photo
A wife, mom and papercrafter!

Wednesday, May 7, 2008

More Challenges

HI! First off, thank you to everyone that has already sent cards in to Cards for Heroes! Secondly, there is still time and pretty good odds of winning for anyone that has not signed up for blog candy yet :-)

I really needed some stress relief yesterday so I headed to my stamping corner in the basement. I used the Color Challenge from SCS (Lovely Lilac, Certainly Celery, and Pretty in Pink). Lovely Lilac was difficult for me -- so I made it the base :-) Working this challenge also emphasized to me that I need more cardstock. If anyone has any ideas on how I can talk DH into agreeing with that, please let me know. Anyway, here is the card I came up with. Again I apologize for the lighting, but it's been so dreary, I was forced to use flourescent bulbs....

Recipe:

Stamp: Cherished Teddies Tea Time (Stampendous and the PIF thread on SCS) , Studio G clear stamps.

Paper: Lovely Lilac, Pretty in Pink, Certainly Celery and white

Ink: Black, Pretty in Pink (sponged on main image), Versamark (celery and pink layers)

Accessories: SU! Pink Tafetta Ribbon, Watercolor Pencils, Odorless Mineral Spirits, Blending stumps and stampin dimensionals (the main image is popped up)

Don't forget the candy for the troops :-)

7 comments:

Sandy said...

Your card is cute Alison!! You did a fantastic job coloring those cute little teddy bears. The pink ribbon looks great.

Julie said...

hey alison, great job on this card. I have an idea to convince dh about your c/s dilemma....DON'T TELL HIM YOU'RE ORDERING IT!!!

Rosella said...

What a sweet card! Great job on the color challenge. Love your coloring!

Jess said...

This is so cute... It totally got me singing the song "teddy-bear picnic" (kids' song) !!

Sandy said...

PS I got your request to be in my Blogger Pay It Forward ... glad you're going to play. As soon as you receive my envie of goodies, you post on your blog.


Have a great weekend.

Veronica Z said...

Awww, that teddy bear is so cute! I love it! The ribbon is a very soft and pretty touch. Lovely work!

Lori Barnett said...

I have a large collection of Cherished Teddies :) I didn't know there were stamps. NOT that I need more stamps! LOL And on the cardstock problem...I'm also needing some cardstock (and other stuff too of course) I know a way you should be able to get away with ordering....hee hee hee....you know what I mean....a way to a mans heart....and it's NOT food! LOL I know - I'm bad! My birthday is this month so I have a really good excuse to put in an order.