My photo
A wife, mom and papercrafter!

Friday, May 30, 2008

TGIF

I am soooo glad that it is finally Friday! I thought today would never come! If y'all have checked out the links on the left, you'll know that Paper and Such is an AWESOME blog. Julie issued a challenge the other day to use SC177 from SCS AND use a PIF image on it. This worked out very well for me, because I needed to make a birthday card for my SIL. She has a bassett hound and so I thought I would make a canine birthday card. I looked through my stash of PIFs and found...... "Birthday Beagle" by Whipper Snapper (LOVE this little guy, thanks to Kris for stamping him for me). Beagle, Bassett, they are both hounds... anyway, here is what I came up with...

I used some Basic Grey DP that reminded me of ice cream, hence a birthday. The top, sides and bottom of the mail panel were scored with the Scor-Pal. The main image panel is popped up with dimesionals as are the actual image and another layer with the nose and party hat. The nose has CE on it to create the look of a wet nose and there is also some CE on the hat for a little dimension.

Recipe:
Stamps: Birthday Beagle, Warmest regards
Paper: Close to Cocoa, Naturals White, Bayou Blue, Basic Grey DP
Ink: White Craft
Accessories: Prismas, Odorless Mineral Spirits, Scor-pal, Rectangle scallop Nestabilites, Crystal Effects

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Aww, this is super sweet!

Lisa said...

What a great card!

Lynn's Place said...

This card is so different and sweet love what you've done with it. TFS.
Lynn

loretta said...

Love the puppy! great card!

Loretta R.
www.msrhetta.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

I love that dog stamp! Your card is adorable.