My photo
A wife, mom and papercrafter!

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Challenge Time

Every once in a while, I get the urge to try some challenges so that I can get some mojo flowing. Today would be one of those days :-)
This card is way outside my comfort zone. I don't usually use bright colors... but having kids, I'm gonna need to learn! I used copics to color the images by Taylored Expressions. I just fell in love with the images in this set when I saw it on the site. This is actually one image and all 3 cars are connected, so it's really a train... BUT that didn't fit the sketch challenge. I split the image into 3. So now you know why the poor little sheep looks like he is flying in the air.. LOL

I got the color combo form the Just Us Girls challenge blog. It's neat to be able to combine challenges and see what you can really pull out of the box. This week's challenge was to use purple, blue, yellow, green, orange and red. Now I don't know about you, but that color combo just screamed spring to me...and voila!

Lastly, I used the recipe challenge from Critter Sketch Challenge to help me finish the card. I didn't follow the directions in the recipe exactly.. but I wanted to mention them becuase I did use the recipe :-) -- The challenge recipe was: to use 3 different solid colors- 2 buttons and 1 ribbon... so you see not exactly..but the inspiration is there!

Recipe:
Stamps: Hello Spring (TE)
Paper: Sweet Mango, Sweet Corn, Green Apple Pure Luxury; DCWV Cafe Mediterranean DP
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Memento Sweet Plum
Accessories: Ribbon, buttons, copics

Challenges:
TESC138

Just Us Girls #85

Critter Sketch Challenge #66


Thanks for stopping by today!!

6 comments:

Andrea M said...

This is so stinkin' cute!!! Love the sweet little critters in all of their rainbow fabulousness!!! Gorgeous work! Thanks so much for playing along with Just Us Girls!

Lucianna Dilsaver said...

Such a cute card with a sweet sentiment. Great use of the recipe!! Thanks for joining us this week @ Critter Sketch :)

MindyYoung said...

Just adorable! Great take on the sketch, choice of image and coloring!

Dana Gustafson said...

aww so cute! Thank so much for playing in the Just Us Girls rainbow challenge!

Crystal said...

Adorable, I love the bright colours and your colouring is fabulous! Thanks for playing along with us this week at Critter Sketch :)

sgc said...

Alison--so cute! Thanks for playing in the Critter Sketch Challenge.