My photo
A wife, mom and papercrafter!

Friday, September 16, 2011

A Beautiful Winter


Howdy! Another WRAK card to send to Operation Write Home. This challenge was to make a winter card and to use our dies or punches. I have been itching to use this new Northwoods stamp that I recently acquired (sounds better than bought doesn't it ;-) ). I also broke out my Labels 18 and Standard Circle Nestability Dies. I fell back on one my favorite things to do.. which is cut out portions of the image and layer them on top of each other... The middle and top images are popped up with pop dots.

A winter card, for me.. isn't a card until it has something to represent snow. This time I opted for Icicle stickles, which I put on the tree limbs. In deference to OWH regulations... I only used the stickles on the small top level of the image... less glitter to worry about :-) In retrospect, I probably should have sponged the background.. but a lesson for next time. The sentiment comes from the Gina K winter Stamp TV kit, Winter Wonderland. The inside of the card has the whole sentiment: "Winter waves a magic wand over this world and behold, everthing is softer and more beautiful. "

Thanks for stopping by today!!!



Recipe:
Stamps: Northwoods; Winter Wonderland
Paper: Pure Luxury Silver, White, In the Navy, Little boy blue
Ink: Versamark, Memento Rich Cocoa, Paris Dusk
Accessories: Nestabilities, rhinestones, Copics, stickles, white gel pen

No comments: