My photo
A wife, mom and papercrafter!

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Pumpkin Time


I didn't mean nighttime.. I mean it's time for all things Pumpkin... pumpkin pie, pumpkin lattes, pumpkin bread.... I love pumpkin!! Today's card serves a dual... well triple purpose. This card uses my take on the CPS sketch for this week. The sketch is below and you can see how I used the base of the sketch but then kind of went off on a tangent :-)

This Week's Sketch #235

This card is also for the WRAK challenges at Splitcoast. One of the Falling Leaves Challenges was to create a Thanksgiving card that includes an image of a pumpkin. The third purpose also coincides with the second. The WRAK challenges are posted as inspiration for us to make cards that will then be donated to Operation Write Home. OWH sends boxes of cards to different military groups so our troops can have the ability to send a nice homemade card to their loved ones. OWH's mission is:

Supporting our nation's armed forces by sending blank handmade greeting cards to write home on, as well as cards of gratitude to encourage them.

As far as the card is concerned... it's fairly simple. The curry background has leaves stamped with versamark. The image is colored with... SHOCK... Copics. I am obviously stuck in a raffia kind of mood. For some reason, this year, I just feel the need to use raffia..everywhere it seems :-) I changed the circles on the sketch to an apple, which I also associate with fall. The DP is my newest favorite Bo Bunny Forever Fall. That paper pack is simply DELISH!!

Thanks for stopping by today.



Recipe:
Stamps: Autumn Splendor (Gina K)
Paper: SU Pumpkin Pie, Crushed Curry, Crumb Cake; Bo Bunny Forever Fall DP
Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa, Versamark
Accessories: Apple Nestabilites, Lattice Rectangle nesties, Ribbon, raffia, corner rounder punch

1 comment:

Lea L. said...

Very pretty card! Thanks for playing at CPS this week!