My photo
A wife, mom and papercrafter!

Monday, September 19, 2011

VSN Technique - Faux Leather



Happy Monday!!  Today I'm showing a VSN card.  For the last VSN, the challenge I hosted required the use of the Faux Leather technique. There were a number of different ways to actually accomplish this.  I chose to use the masking tape technique that Beate created a tutorial for on SCS.  I have to say this was a lot of fun!!  I used a Taylored Expressions stamp set.  I made my faux leather using a scrap piece of cardstock I had on my table.  I ripped up the masking tape in little pieces and placed them on the cardstock randomly but making sure to cover the whole piece.  Then I covered the masking tape with color by using direct to paper with several different inks. I stamped the cover of the wagon on the scrap paper and cut it out.  Then I punched the star out of the same scrap.  I adhered the wagon cover onto another stamped image of the wagon (paper pieced).  I really love the way it turned out.

Thanks for stopping by today!!



Recipe:
Stamps: Wild West (TE)
Paper: Pure Luxury Lipstick Red, Kraft, Green Apple

Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa, Autumn Leaves Kaleidecolor, cantaloupe, desert sand,
Accessories: twine, clear emboss powder, masking tape, copics
Techniques: Faux leather with masking tape