My photo
A wife, mom and papercrafter!

Sunday, October 2, 2011

A Pink kind of Day

Happy Sunday to all of you! I hope you all got to spend a little time playing and creating with your stamps, ink and paper yesterday. I was able to make a couple of cards AND have a lovely picnic in the mountains with my family. It was a really lovely day. Today I am showcasing the 2 cards I made for the Hope You Can Cling To challenges at Splitcoaststampers. You might be sick of them by the end of the month, but these cards that are being made by so many people are really going to bring a smile to someone's face... I just believe it!


The first challenge of the day had us creating pink animal cards. I opted for a pink teddy bear. I just love these Milton stamps from Wild Rose Studios. I used my favorite pink copic combo (R81, R83, R85, R89) for the bear. My daughter requested that I use the pink glitter pen (Spica) so I added some pink glitter to Milton's nose. The image panel is sponged with a little pink ink in order to hide the smudge from my fingers... didn't work perfectly, but I guess it's proof that it is a homemade card ;-)



The third challenge of the day was entitled Encircled with Love -- the challenge, should we choose to accept it, was to create a circle card. At the last VSN I was introduced to these telescoping cards.. They are so much fun.. so I went with this idea for my circle card. This picture shows the card open. Once closed, it looks like a bunch of circles stacked on each other. If you can't read the quote, it says "Once you choose hope, anything's possible - Christopher Reeve". I felt that quote was perfect for this challenge. It may not be a card to send to someone, but perhaps it could be an encouraging decoration for a wall....

Now, I'm looking forward to the rest of this month's challenges. It was good to get back into my stamp area! Thanks for stopping by!




Recipes:
Pink Teddy
Stamps: Milton with Tulips (Wild Rose Studio)
Paper: PTI White, Chocolate Chip, Pink Pirouette, Autumn DP (DCWV)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: jewel flowers, copics


Telescoping Hope
Stamps: Hopeful Hearts (Gina K)
Paper: Pink Pirouette, Chocolate Chip; PTI white, SEI Jolie chocolat DP
Ink: Memento Rich cocoa, Angel Pink
Accessories: Nestabilities Big Scalloped circles, standard circles, brads, suede ribbon, sakura stardust gel pen
Techniques: telescoping

No comments: