My photo
A wife, mom and papercrafter!

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Pastel Inspiration

In the nick of time, I have been able to get a card made for the Paper and Such Challenge! Whew! I had to wait until my new Wild Rose stamps got to me :-)... I really don't need another stamp company obsession, but given that Paper and Such is starting their own line of stamps, I may be in some serious trouble ;-) I am also using this card to enter in the Ribbon Carousel Challenge for this week. This challenge is a new one for me!! YAY- I love new challenges!! This week's challenge is to use your favorite coloring medium and to use ribbon, of course. Now, I'll give you 3 guesses as to my favorite.....nah, way to easy :-) Obviously I had to use my Copics!

For this Paper and Such challenge, is to use this picture as inspiration:

When I look at the picture, I saw gingham and pastels.. so that is what I went with. A closer look showed flowers so I figured Milton with Lily would be an ideal image! I used a number of different copics on this image. The bear uses E21,E23,E25,E51,E53 and R20. The Lily uses R81,R83,R85 and R89. The stem and leaf were colored with YG11, YG13 and YG17.

This was a fun card to make. Thanks for stopping by and DON'T forget to mark your calendars for July 1,2,6,7,and 8 for the sneak peeks and blog hop featuring Paper and Such's new line of stamps!!

Recipe:
Stamps: Milton with Lily (Wild Rose Studio)
Paper: Pure Luxury Sweet Corn, Ocean Mist, and Bubblegum Pink; Amuse Gingham DP
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: Grosgrain Ribbon, Dress it Up Rhinestone Flower


Challenges:
Paper and Such
RCC8
FTL145


5 comments:

MindyYoung said...

Adorable - Great coloring and layout! Love it!

Janice M said...

Too cute Alison! Milton is just adorable! Thanks for joining us this week at Paper and Such!

Lee said...

CUUUUUTENESS!! I love that Milton...you colored him beautifully! And your layered dp is awesome!

Julie said...

Just adorable Alison, and I love your coloring. Thanks for joining us again over at Paper and Such.

Ashley Newell said...

How cute! Thanks for playing along with my challenge at the Ribbon Carousel Challenge blog!