My photo
A wife, mom and papercrafter!

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Sew, Sew, Sew

Monday's Stamp TV challenge was to use sewing on a card or make a sewing themed card. Anyone who knows me, knows that I am sewing impaired... so I chose to use faux stitching on my card. I did actually have this card made on Tuesday..but it looked AWFUL.. trust me... I went home last night and salvaged it, and frankly am pretty pleased with the results :-)

The rose is colored with Copics R35, R37, R39, V99. The rose embellishements were airbrushed with Copics R83 and R85 and I sponged a little cantaloupe and Angel pink around the rose to add a little depth. The faux stitching was done by piercing the paper and using an SU Soft Suede marker.

Recipe:
Stamps: Year of Flowers (GKD)
Paper: Pure Luxury Green Apple, Dark Chocolate, DCWV Botanicals DP
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Angel Pink, Cantaloupe - Soft Suede
Accessories: Marker, copics, flowers, airbrush system, paper piercer, crochet lace, Nestabilites Large Scallop circles, Classic Circles, chocolate pearls
Techniques: faux stitching


Thanks for coming by today!!

4 comments:

inkstazonme said...

Beautiful! This is awesome Alison!

MindyYoung said...

Gorgeous!

Misti said...

It doesn't look like you are sewing impaired at all! :D

Janice M said...

Saw this and commented over in the CSC gallery too........Gorgeous!!