My photo
A wife, mom and papercrafter!

Saturday, July 9, 2011

Butterflies

Hi there!! I am enojoying a rare couple of hours at home in silence! YAY! so I was able to break out the paper and make a card! This card today is a quadruple challenge card. Lucky for me, these 4 challenges all fed the inspiration :-)

There is no stamping on this card. I used the sketch from Card Patterns


This was a fun sketch. When I first saw it, I struggled to think what in the world I could do so I started glancing at some other challenges. The inspiration challenge on SCS today was to use the Posh Vintage site as inspiration. As I glanced through the site I happened upon this dress with a beaded waist panel. The beaded waist immediately made me think of the 4 lower panels on the sketch! VOILA!! The panels on the sketch are squares of card stock interspersed with pearls to recreate the beaded feel of the waistband of the dress.

As I continued my searches.. I came across the Just Us Girls technique challenge for this week.

The challenge is to make a card incorporating a cardstock button. How cute is that?? Buttons... dresses... bingo! another match. Last is the matter of color. I know that I want something monochromatic since the dress is mostly beige and gold. Our Creative Corner provided that inspiration... It's a White PARTY!! Perfect.

And that is how my card today came together. I was able to break out my newly ordered butterfly dies from Taylored Expressions and use some of this fun lattice ribbon that was a gift from a friend. All in all, it's been a lovely hour and half! :-)

Thanks for stopping by!

Recipe:
Stamps: None
Paper: Pure Luxury White (heavy and layer weight), Mother of Pearl; White Glittered Paper (Archivers)
Ink: None
Accessories: Ribbon, butterfly dies, white pearls, standard circle nestabilities

8 comments:

Kristin said...

This is so lovely! I LOVE the lattice ribbon detail, and the butterflies, it's simply gorgeous... Thanks for playing along with us this week at OCC!

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

This is just beautiful. Your layers are lovely, especially the sparkly paper. That lattice ribbon is to die for! So glad you took our White Party challenge this week at Our Creative Corner.

TesaB said...

Beautiful! Wonderful white, love all the layers and dimension!!! Great take on the Card Patterns sketch!

whoistracy said...

This is just fantastic! I love the white-on-white here. So glad you could join us on Card Patterns this week!

Elise said...

Aren't YOU a clever girl! What WONDERFUL use of challenges and GORGEOUS materials! I'm loving your use of Just Us Girls technique AND Card Pattern composition - Woot! - Your elegant and positively gleaming use of materials has me purrrrring! Woot! ON behalf of BOTH challenges, I say YEE HAW! We are DELIGHTED that you've shared your talent with us! Yipeeeeee!

Andrea M said...

Elegant, monochromatic card! Love your handmade button! Thanks for playing along with Just Us Girls!

Kristin Eberline said...

WOW! I'm in love with the white-on-white...this is so elegant! Your button is BEAUTIFUL under your cute little bow ;]

Thanks for playing along with Just Us Girls this week!!

Anonymous said...

Wow wow wow! This is just fab! Lovely use of your accents and simply loving it! :)