My photo
A wife, mom and papercrafter!

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Sketch Challenge

Another sleepless night means another card for the blog. I used the SCS sketch challenge for today to make this card. It gave me an excuse to break out my new release Gina K stamps again... so it really wasn't a hardship :-)

The base is plain Ivory cardstock as is the extra layer on the inside of the card. The DP panel is 1 1/2 by 5 3/8. I embossed the peach layer using the woodgrain template from Taylored Expressions. I kind of thought the woodgrain would go well with the vine and nature theme. I used silk ribbon and linen thread to add a little texture (and another layer ;-) ) My DH pokesfun at me and tells me it's all about how many layers there are :-)

The image panel is also ivory cardstock. I sponged it with Memento Cantaloupe, Angel Pink, Tangelo, and Bamboo Leaves. I was going for early morning, I'm thinking it might be a little too heavy.. but it'll work for today. I stamped the corner vine with Bamboo Leaves and then stamped the sentiment in the same color. I stamped the vine again on scrap ivory cardstock. I colored the leaves using YG63 and YG67 copics and a little Mint Copic spica for the veins in the leaves. Then I cut out the leaves and pieced them onto the main image panel. That main panel is popped up from the base.

I hope you like.. and thanks for stopping by!



Recipe:
Stamps:The Vine (Gina K Designs)
Paper: Pure Luxury Ivory, Fresh Asparagus, Just Peachy; DP Basic Grey Sugar Rush
Ink: Memento Bamboo Leaves, Cantaloupe, Tangelo, Angel Pink
Accessories: Silk ribbon, linen thread, woodgrain impression plate (Taylored Expressions), Copics

2 comments:

MindyYoung said...

Lovely! reminds me of a sunrise.

inkstazonme said...

Oh wow! Very pretty!