My photo
A wife, mom and papercrafter!

Friday, July 1, 2011

USA Inspired

Tonight I am so tired. I also think I need my head checked... I spent a few hours in my craft area and didn't make a card. Instead I filled up a large garbage bag with, well, garbage. I started a second bag and took a bunch of paper that I had around over to my kids daycare. I still can't belive I parted with paper... but it does clear up space for new :-)


This card combines 2 challenges. The first challenge is the Paper and Such challenge. Paper and Such challenged us to make a card using Red, Blue and Kraft (I snuck some white in there and hope it is ok). The second challenge is the Ribbon Carousel challenge. Being the weekend of the 4th of July, the ladies at Ribbon Carouselwanted us to submit cards inspired by the 4th of July. Red, White and Blue are certainly inspirational to me :-)

I used Gina K stamps from one of the Stamp TV kits. Once I stamped the boat, I decided to try to be creative with my twine. The twine on the boat is supposed to represent the ropes of the sails... not sure how close I really got to that. The image panel is popped up with pop dots. I added a panel of white on the inside of the card and stamped the boat again at the bottom right to add a little something to the inside. I hope it shows the 4th Inspiration and does justice to the great combo chosen at Paper and Such.

Recipe:
Stamps: Enjoy the Sunshine (Gina K Designs)
Paper: Pure Luxury Kraft, In the Navy, Red Hot, Layering White; Paper Studio DP
Ink: Paris Dusk (Memento)
Accessories: Bakers twine
Thanks so much for stopping by!!



5 comments:

Julie said...

Cool stuff Alison....love what you've done with the twine. Thanks for joining us over at Paper and Such!

Janice M said...

Cute card Alison! I like the way you added the twine to the boat. Thanks for playing along with us at Paper and Such this week.

Debbie Carriere said...

Great card!!! love your use of twine! Thanks for playing at The Ribbon Carousel!

Becca Sadler said...

Congrats on your charming entry getting Top Spool recognition for RCC#9 week! Like the other comments, your use for the twine is very creative! KUDOS!

JenMarie said...

I so love this!!