My photo
A wife, mom and papercrafter!

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Colorful Mojo with Friends

Challenges. I suppose challenges are supposed to be difficult, or they really wouldn't be challenges... Whew! This weeks color challenge from StampTv really threw me for a loop. Pink, Brown, Teal and Orange. Pink, brown and orange, no problem. Teal, brown and orange, no problem..but all 4? THAT was a challenge. I happened upon the Mojo Monday sketch for this week and a friends blog card and EUREKA an idea was born! Big shout out to Lori for the inspiration. She doesn't even know she inspired me.. LOL!



Still, I don't think this is going to become my go to color combo, but I think I eked it out! I used 2 different patterns of DP in between the solid colors of card stock. The little piece of pink (all I could fit in) is cut using one of the piercebilities templates from Spellbinders. There isn't any embossing or piercing, obviously, but I liked the shape at the bottom. The image is colored with copics and I used 3 different color buttons for the center. Thanks for stopping by!

Recipe:
Stamps: Friends are Forever (GKD)
Paper: Turquoise Sea, Sweet Mango, Innocent Pink, Chocolate Brown, Ivory (GKD); Safari Mat Stack, Cafe Mediterranean Mat Stack (DCWV)
Ink: Rich Cocoa (Memento)
Accessories: Copics, pierceabilities by Spellbinders, buttons, and twine



1 comment:

Gaudeamus said...

Very modern. I think you did a great job considering the challenge!