My photo
A wife, mom and papercrafter!

Saturday, August 21, 2010

Christmas is around the corner

I don't know about you, but I always let Christmas sneak up on me. Every year I say "I'm going to start Christmas cards in January", every year.... I don't. While Christmas may still sneak up on me in 2010, I do actually have a few cards made and ready.

First, I must say, that I think I may have seen this sketch somewhere. It was stuck in my brain for a while. However, I don't know where I remember it from to give credit. If I find it, I will come back and edit. In the meantime, I was trying to make a CAS card. Obviously, it didn't turn out quite that way :-). The crochet lace ribbon is from Stamp Simply Ribbon Store. If you like ribbon, by all means visit the store. She has a TON of gorgeous ribbon. If you hoard ribbon, can't find a place to put another yard.... BEWARE... Sharon has a TON of gorgeous must have ribbon :-)

A couple of other little tidbits about this card. I used liquid applique on Santa's hat. I used flock on Santa's beard and Rudolph's antlers. The DP is from the Eskimo Kisses Basic Grey pad.

Recipe:
Stamps: High Hopes
Paper: Cranberry Tart, Moonlit Fog, White (Gina K); Eskimo Kisses (BG)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: Snowflake CB; square punches, crochet lace ribbon, prima flower, circle Nestabilities, dimensionals, copics, liquid applique, flock, nailhead, gold spica pen


1 comment:

Susan (peebsmama) said...

Such cute images. I really like th embossing.

Yes... getting an early start on holiday cards is SO much less stressful. I'm actually enjoying making them this year now that I only make one a week instead of 50 in two days like in past years.