My photo
A wife, mom and papercrafter!

Friday, August 13, 2010

A Purple Birthday



My daughter was invited to a birthday party. I couldn't just buy a card.. I mean, what would that say about me? I went all out with the purple on this one. Trust me, purple is not the easiest color for me to work with. This sketch is also one of the DTGD10 challenge sketches, although I think it was supposed to be a square card... oops! The cupcake wrapper is colored with Copics. The cupcake top has some Sakura glaze pen on the sprinkles and the cake has dazzling diamonds for some extra sparkle. I used a gold spica pen on the candle flames.

Recipe:
Stamps: Candles on your Cake (GKD)
Paper: Vibrant Violet, Lovely Lavendar, Wild Dandelion, White (GKD); Kioshi (Basic Grey)
Ink: Memento Sweet Plum, Lulu Lavendar and Dandelion
Accessories: 1 in circle punch, 1 1/4 in circle punch, Nestabilities, Copics, Dazzling Diamonds glitter (SU), Heat and Stick powder (SU), Sakura Stardust Pen, Gold Spica pen, Ribbon (GKD)


No comments: