My photo
A wife, mom and papercrafter!

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

On a snow roll

I see all these challenges that ask for Christmas cards in non-traditional colors. I have to ask myself, what is non-traditional anymore? In my mind, this shade of blue is not traditional. I also have some friends that don't celebrate Christmas, so I like to have some winter cards on hand. I turned to my trusty Gina K stamps for this card.



I used the set designed by Rupa called Winter Friends. The snowpeople (like that political correctness?) are colored with Copics, cut out and popped up on dimensionals. In case you can't tell, the light is supposed to be coming from the upper right, I'm still practicing that whole light angle thing. The snow is embossed with the snowflake cuttelbug folder. I also used a little smooch spritz for some added sparkle!

Recipe:
Stamps: Winter Friends
Paper: Ocean Mist, In the Navy, Silver Metallic
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black and Paris Dusk
Accessories: Silver copic spica, copics, smooch spritz, snowflake cuttlebug folder

2 comments:

Janice M said...

Oh I like the way you did the snow on this one Alison!!

Sue from Oregon said...

I always love 3D on a card!