My photo
A wife, mom and papercrafter!

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Double Challenge



I have signed up to take Suzanne Dean's copic classes through My Creative Classroom. I've only gotten through a couple of lessons so far. It really is rather hard to find time ;-) Anyway, Suzanne has started a Copic Challenge group. The very first challenge is to color grass. We could either draw grass, or color the grass if the image already included it. I opted to do a little of both. I combined the Copic Challenge with the Card Patterns sketch for this week. The image and sentiment are both Whiff of Joy. The image is illustrated by Elisabeth Bell. I just love her images... LOVE them!


Since I was coloring in grass, I thought that sky might be appropriate for the image as well. THIS would be the PERFECT place for the Copic Air Brush system, but..... mine is still on order... sigh! Instead I sponged the sky using bashful blue ink. I dabbed a little dandelion in the upper right to, in my mind, show the sun.


For the grass, I first colored the large area with YG95. Then I used YG67 to create the blades of grass. I also used YG69 to add some darker contrast. Lest you think I came up with this all by myself... I followed the tutorial I found on Color Me Copic. I stumbled across this blog yesterday. It looks like a fun one to follow! For a little added texture, I used the Sweet Pea flower soft on the long flowers.

Recipe:
Stamps: Willow with Strawberry Basket, Summer 2009 E Bell Kit
Paper: Pink Pirouette (SU); Sweet Corn (Gina K), White (Neenah Solar), Porcelain DP (Basic Grey)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Bashful Blue (SU), Memento Dandelion
Accessories: Copic, Buttons-Latte (SU), twine, dimensionals, ribbon (Gina K)

2 comments:

Janice M said...

Alison this is Beautiful!! LOVE your grass!

papertrails leaver said...

what a lovely card! The image is so delicate and beautiful!